Whether you’re already late for a work meeting or planned a smooth sailing weekend road trip, nothing can ruin your day worse than an unexpected car breakdown on the Vernon roads. Thankfully, when you own a Toyota vehicle, help is just a call or push of a button away. In the event of a roadside emergency, the Toyota Roadside Assistance Program has your back for added peace of mind and an extra layer of security for you and your loved ones. In this blog, we’ll explore the features of the Toyota Roadside Assistance Program, how it works, and even why It can mean the difference between life and death the next time you hit the road.
What is Toyota Roadside Assistance?
The Toyota Roadside Assistance Program offers free 24/7 emergency roadside support in all of Canada through the vehicle's two-year warranty period on vehicles released in 2015 and later. That being said, Toyota’s roadside assistance isn’t limited to brand-new vehicles. Owners of older Toyotas can enroll in Toyota Service Care and the roadside assistance program through Safety Connect, a service available in Connected Services for a small monthly fee. Unlike Toyota’s manufacturer warranty, roadside assistance has no mileage limits. Along with roadside assistance, many of the programs also include:
- Remote start capabilities
- Remote emergency unlock
- Stolen vehicle tracking
- Automatic collision notification
- Emergency services dispatch
- Toyota maintenance services
What Does Toyota Roadside Assistance Help With?
- Mechanical Breakdown Towing. If you have a mechanical breakdown on the road, call us, and we'll tow you to your preferred Toyota Dealership within 50 kilometres or to the nearest Toyota Dealership within 300 km.
- Accident Towing. If you get into an accident, we'll tow you to your preferred Toyota Dealership within 50 km or to the nearest Toyota Dealership within 300 km. If it's necessary, we'll also provide a second tow from your accident-reporting centre.
- Battery Boost. If your Toyota fails to start after the boost, we'll tow your vehicle according to the Mechanical Breakdown towing benefit stated above.
- Lockout Service. It's a little embarrassing, but we all do it. If you accidentally lock your keys inside your car, Toyota Extra Care Roadside Assistance will call a service facility to help you get back into your vehicle. When you lock your keys in your car, just give your Toyota Extra Care Roadside Assistance a call. It happens to the best of us - we'll help get you on your way.
- Fuel Delivery. If you run out of fuel, Toyota Extra Care Roadside Assistance will deliver gasoline to your stranded vehicle. (We'll cover the cost of gas up to 5 litres.)
- Tire Change. In the event that your vehicle gets a flat tire, call your roadside assistance, and we'll install your useable spare tire for you.
- Winching. If your car becomes immobilized in a ditch, mud or snow, Toyota Extra Care Roadside Assistance will arrange to have your vehicle winched onto the nearest roadway. Just call our roadside hotline, and we'll take care of you.
- Trip Interruption. If you experience a mechanical breakdown and you're more than 300 km from your home, the Toyota Extra Care Roadside Assistance Program will reimburse you for your costs to get back home, including repair, overnight stays, your meals and more.
- Travel Planning. If you want to plan a trip but could use some help, let us know! We'll help you put together your next weekend's getaway or road trip adventure by giving you a personalized travel planner, including trip logs, alternate routes, vacation area maps, and more!
How to Assess Toyota Roadside Assistance
Toyota Roadside Assistance is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week through the Toyota’s Safety Connect app or by calling the toll-free number: 1-888-TOYOTA-8 (1-888-869-6828). Additionally, in most Toyota vehicles, you can easily contact Roadside assistance with the push of the vehicle’s SOS button, typically located just above your rearview mirror. Even if you cannot describe where you are, the agent can automatically retrieve the vehicle’s coordinates and other information so a tow truck or other service vehicle can be directed to your vehicle’s exact location.
Drive With Peace of Mind at Vernon Toyota
Here at Vernon Toyota, our priorities go beyond putting our customers in quality Toyota vehicles. We’re also committed to prioritizing your safety. Thanks to the Toyota Roadside Assistance Program, you can have greater peace of mind every time you get behind the wheel of a Toyota vehicle. For more questions about Toyota Roadside Assistance, don’t hesitate to contact us anytime! Our team is always happy to help!